Back to School

Highlighted

Back to School

I just recently decided to go back to school and pursue a graduate degree while staying in the workforce. One month in, I am sort of questioning what I got myself into. Aside from 50 to 60 hour workweeks now I am spending 10 hours in school and another 20 doing homework. 

Aside from the rising stress levels and dropping efficiency and accuracy of my work, I have also noticed that my social life disappeared. I am really worried about this, because I did not choose school to ruin my work life balance (or whatever little I had of it before), but to create a better future for my family.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stretch a 24 hr day into 36? Any recommendation for coping with "back to school" syndrome would be much appreciated. (or just some encouraging words for that matter)

2 REPLIES

Re: Back to School

What a brave decision, @Twinkletoes83! Really proud of you and look forward to hearing your progress. I know one member of the community has gone through being an adult learner with a busy life as well. @Jessica any tips for our friend twinkletoes?

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

Re: Back to School

Thanks @Janice - it would be awesome to hear some encouraging stories from other people who managed school and work at the same time.