How stressed are you? Take the test!

Re: How stressed are you? Take the test!

Wow, @estrong01, that's incredibly low! Good on you for not letting issues get you even close to stressed Smiley Very Happy. One of our writing team members, @MulletMoney23, recently wrote a piece on 'Workplace Friendly Stress Relief' - I'm curious if you find yourself naturally doing some of the things he mentions in his article? BTW @MulletMoney23, I tried the "laugh more - If you are particularly overwhelmed, take a moment to laugh at the circumstance. Perhaps whole-heartedly" suggestion last week and got side-eye from one cube mate and another looked concerned and asked me if everything was okay. Smiley Embarassed 

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

Just watched that video (and tried it at my desk). Super relaxing! Cat Happy

@Janice wrote:

Wow, @estrong01, that's incredibly low! Good on you for not letting issues get you even close to stressed Smiley Very Happy. One of our writing team members, @MulletMoney23, recently wrote a piece on 'Workplace Friendly Stress Relief' - I'm curious if you find yourself naturally doing some of the things he mentions in his article? BTW @MulletMoney23, I tried the "laugh more - If you are particularly overwhelmed, take a moment to laugh at the circumstance. Perhaps whole-heartedly" suggestion last week and got side-eye from one cube mate and another looked concerned and asked me if everything was okay. Smiley Embarassed 

Congrats on your low stress score, @estrong01. When we talk stress-reduction strategies, we rarely mention when and where to do them. The answer is whenever you can! (Even if that makes @Janice's coworkers think she's gone bonkers) Cat Very Happy

I scored an 8.  I just don't worry about things I can't control.  If I can control it, I get a plan together asap and tackle the issue pronto!

I scored a 29--do I win a prize?!?! Working on getting some things done this weekend that will help decrease my stress level that circles around my career. Thankfully, I have a conference in Philadelphia in two weeks that will take me away from work for over a week (took a couple of days off before and after). A much needed break!

I know how you feel!!! Hope things calm down a bit for you soon. 

14 out of 40...wonder if being a control freak helps or hurts my score Smiley Happy

I scored a 14 but I feel like it should be worse. 

I am a control freak and I am also a worrier. The last month has been pretty challenging for me. 

14 is pretty good @Jotun, despite if you feel your score should be worse. More and more people claim to be control freaks these days, and it's not surprising, considering the amount of lightening-speed information and demands we have to deal with on a daily basis. It's like trying to sip water from a fire hose.

Business psychologist and stress mitigation expert Sharon Melnick says it best: "We experience stress when we feel situations are out of our control." Unless you can take that miracle pill from the movie Limitless (overrated by the way), we're simply forced to live life as humans. There are aspects of stress we can control, and things we simply can't. The key is giving 100% to what you can, and letting go what's outside of your control. Not always easy, but a good mindset to embody.