Stress test! Who can beat my score?

Stress test! Who can beat my score?

Almost a year ago, I found a fun little test Harvard Business Review built to see how stressed you are. (You can take it if you go to this link, scroll down, and click on the big black button. It's only 10 questions long.)

Not all stress is bad, of course. Spoiler alert: The researchers who built the test say a score of 13 means you have a good balance of stress in your life. When I took the test last spring, I got a whopping 25. Ouch.

But I just took it again today and scored a 17!

So what changed? While work is still busy as ever, we've added a few more staff, my current boss has given good advice for how to prioritize what really has to get done today, and I've learned how to not let work stress get to me. Going for a walk and hanging out with friends is always good stress relief.

And since last April, I also discovered whiskey. So there's that.

JK!

How did you score on the test, and what do you do for stress relief? 

Enlighten me.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Stress test! Who can beat my score?

Way to go, Catherine! I scored a 13, so right about average. I find that making time to go for walks at lunch, or just stepping away from my desk for 5-10 minutes helps so much with stressful days at work! I also like to make a personal and a work to-do list so I can see what I need to get done for the week. That helps me to make sure I am balancing my work week with time for friends and family! Thanks for sharing!

Wow, I am down to 9. I attribute that to the fact that it is the beginning of the year Smiley Happy

Wow, I am down to 9. I attribute that to the fact that it is the beginning of the year Smiley Happy

cool as a cucumber, @nvecsei Smiley Happy

I used to do a lot more yoga - I bet back then my score would not have been 33, but it is now. I'm going to take @kristendowns' advice and walk more. Walk to yoga, that is! 

I got a 7 Smiley Happy. For me, regularly exercising is huge (especially if I can get to a gym in the middle of the workday during the lunch hour). I also try to keep things in perspective. If you have a bad day, you get to start over the next day ... and I'm not saving lives or curing cancer. Thankfully, this is only our temporary dwelling place, so I try to be a light to those I can ... sharing a smile or joke might be the pick me up they need.

Hi, @kberndt44 ! I love the idea of the midday exercise break. Running (or in my case, jogging at a slow pace) is such good stress relief

i scored pretty good but could be better i will have to work on the stress level 

It can be tough to work on lowering stressors in your everyday life. I was at the dentist this morning and mentioned noticing that I clench my teeth a lot lately. I thought maybe my bite was out of alignment and this was causing it. The doctor was nice and checked it for me, but explained that I'm totally fine it's just stress/tension making me clench my teeth. So, like you, I definitely could use more ideas to relieve tension.  >.<

Our good friend @ctsai wrote a piece on stress recently that offers a few tips/ideas for us to try to reduce stress here: What To Know About Stress .

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!