You have goals. We'll help you get there. Jump right in. We're ready for you!

Dessert Lovers Rejoice...Tart Cherry "Ice Cream" Bars are a new favorite in our house

Highlighted

Dessert Lovers Rejoice...Tart Cherry "Ice Cream" Bars are a new favorite in our house

Tart Cherry Bar.jpg

As anyone with kids knows...they love to have a sweet treat...and most of us adults like it quite a bit ourselves!

This weekend we created a recipe for these delicious Tart Cherry "Ice Cream" Bars with no dairy or added sugar, and our kids LOVED them! They were fighting over the last one on Sunday night. 

These make a great snack any time of day as they are loaded with fresh ingredients, lots of fiber and healthy fats from avocado and coconut milk that will keep you full.

Enjoy and let us know what you think! You can try other fruit also, and please tell us your favorites!

Tart Cherry -IceCream- Bar (1).png

• Healthy Diet
  • Home Cooking
  • Moderation
  • Weight Loss
5 REPLIES

Re: Dessert Lovers Rejoice...Tart Cherry "Ice Cream" Bars are a new favorite in our house

I'd love to try this! I go through phases where I absolutely crave ice cream but since it generally goes straight to my waist I don't indulge. This sounds like a fun recipe, thanks for sharing!

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

Re: Dessert Lovers Rejoice...Tart Cherry "Ice Cream" Bars are a new favorite in our house

This looks great, thank you for sharing @CraigandJennyD - I am only wondering about the calorie count, since it's canned coconut milk and avocado. Did you guys do the math on calories per icicle?

@nvecsei Thank you for the question. Our nutritional practices that we use actually do not require any calorie counts as we do not consume high quantities of processed foods. Unfortunately, calorie counting has been highly recommended by the main stream but it not a sustainable practice for most people and leads to yo-yo dieting and significant weight fluctuations over time. 97% of people that lose weight actually gain it back within 3 years.

With our clients, we work on transitioning into sustainable nutritional habits with primarily whole food plant based diets rather than counting calories in vs. calories out. We find this to be much more effective in creating long term sustainable results. After all sustainable results only come from sustainable changes.

For example, let's say that this bar has 200 calories of healthy plant based fats and a bit of fructose from the dates and cherries and then we compare it to a 100 calorie pack of Oreos. Calorie counters would be inclined to make the choice of the 100 calorie Oreo pack that has zero nutritional value rather than a 200 calorie bar made from whole food ingredients with healthy plant based fat, high fiber content and no added sugar. Also, keep in mind like any other dessert, these should be consumed in moderation and are not meant to be consumed in large quantities. Rather for someone that wants a treat now and then, this would be an excellent alternative to traditional ice cream and other packaged dessert products. This is where we find it helpful to teach our clients to make proper food choices that consider more than calorie count. 

Hope this helps explain. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

great insights, thank you!

I just bought cherries last night! This is a great idea, I think my kids would love these. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Smiley Happy

Warning: Misuse of Transamerica name in fraud schemes. Read more.

This material was prepared for general distribution.  It is being provided for informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an investment recommendation.  If you need advice regarding your particular investment needs, contact a financial professional.

Insurance products and services are offered or issued by Transamerica Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, Harrison, NY (licensed in New York); Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company, Little Rock, AR; Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; and Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH. Variable products and mutual funds are underwritten and distributed by Transamerica Capital, Inc., or Transamerica Investors Securities Corporation, each a broker/dealer and member of FINRA. Securities and investment advisory services offered by Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc., a broker/dealer, member of FINRA, SIPC and a Registered Investment Adviser. Investment advisory services focused on the unique needs of individual retirees, retirement plans and their participants offered by Transamerica Retirement Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser. References to Transamerica on this site apply to an individual company or collectively to these and other Transamerica companies. This site may not yet be approved by the Departments of Insurance in all states at the time of publication. Transamerica companies are part of the Aegon Group. Copyright 2011 - 2017 Transamerica Corporation, 4333 Edgewood Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52499 - All Rights Reserved. Transamerica does not sponsor, endorse or promote any products or services mentioned

• COMN0417