You have goals. We'll help you get there. Jump right in. We're ready for you!

Meal Delivery Subscription

Highlighted

Meal Delivery Subscription

So I have been looking into these meal delivery services, and I have heard lots of pros and cons about them. I live alone currently, and I hate spending tons of money on groceries a week for them to go to waste. I felt that with the meal plans, at least they are portioned out and the ingredients I get wouldn't go to waste since I would cook them, that week. 

I am just looking to get everyone's opinion as to which one they feel has the best value, or bang for my buck. 

Thanks! 

Leanne

2 REPLIES

Re: Meal Delivery Subscription

@LeannemkI asked a similar question awhile back and got a lot of great responses that might help you with the different services out there. I ended up trying Hello Fresh and I really like the boxes I get, the portions are great, and the recipes are really easy to prep and cook. I also like that I can skip weeks in advance to keep them within my budget. The upside to most of the services I looked into is they usually have promotions for the first order which made the cost either FREE or significantly reduced. If you do decide to try one of them make sure to look for a coupon or discount code. Hope this helps and I'm interested to hear which services you're considering or end up ordering from + your experience when you get the box. Smiley Happy

Re: Meal Delivery Subscription

I personally have not gotten to order these yet, but I know @Jessica and @Jotun have got some great insights. Personally I am too picky and fussy about my food, so I don't dare spend the money while my son and husband are totally different eaters as I am. 

But I do like this infographic that explains the different services out there:

observer.com/2017/03/blue-apron-hello-fresh-meal-kit-differences/

Warning: Misuse of Transamerica name in fraud schemes. Read more.

This material was prepared for general distribution.  It is being provided for informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an investment recommendation.  If you need advice regarding your particular investment needs, contact a financial professional.

Insurance products and services are offered or issued by Transamerica Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, Harrison, NY (licensed in New York); Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company, Little Rock, AR; Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; and Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH. Variable products and mutual funds are underwritten and distributed by Transamerica Capital, Inc., or Transamerica Investors Securities Corporation, each a broker/dealer and member of FINRA. Securities and investment advisory services offered by Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc., a broker/dealer, member of FINRA, SIPC and a Registered Investment Adviser. Investment advisory services focused on the unique needs of individual retirees, retirement plans and their participants offered by Transamerica Retirement Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser. References to Transamerica on this site apply to an individual company or collectively to these and other Transamerica companies. This site may not yet be approved by the Departments of Insurance in all states at the time of publication. Transamerica companies are part of the Aegon Group. Copyright 2011 - 2017 Transamerica Corporation, 4333 Edgewood Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52499 - All Rights Reserved. Transamerica does not sponsor, endorse or promote any products or services mentioned

• COMN0417