You have goals. We'll help you get there. Jump right in. We're ready for you!

How do you handle challenge?

Highlighted

How do you handle challenge?

Daily we are faced with challenges, big and small, expected or unexpected. How we handle those challenges is incredibly personal but sometimes we find a voice in the adversity we face and then use it to spread awareness.

Meet Sebastien Jacques, a former tennis pro, who fell ill and went through four years of doctors not being able to determine why. His health on the decline, he was told to essentially to accept and adjust to his physical condition. During a hospitalization in 2014, he was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor. After his care team elected not to pursue surgery Sebastien sought out a second opinion from a surgeon and eventually had a successful operation to remove the tumor. His health improved and now he’s walking 5,000 km across the country spreading a message of hope and encouragement.

I’ll leave you with this quote about his mission from his website. Know you are capable of great and amazing things, it just takes a point to begin. Smiley Happy

“I am doing this walk because I want everyone to know that we are all capable of amazing accomplishments. If I had not believed in myself, I would have accepted the fate I was given and would not have been able to walk more than 15 minutes a day and function properly anymore. This 5000km walk will test me physically and mentally, but there is only one way to face any obstacles or tough situations in life: to stay in the present moment, to remain positive, and take it one day at a time – or in my present challenge, one step at a time.”

Not everyone will handle challenge with such tenacity but I think the core message is invaluable. Don't give up, believe in yourself.

What challenges are you ready to tackle? Have you had a challenge teach you something about yourself? Can good come from facing adversity?

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!
  • Adversity
  • Inspiration
2 REPLIES

Re: How do you handle challenge?

What an inspiration. So happy he didn't give up and that I have someone new to follow on Instagram. I can't wait to see the picture of him shaking his doctor's hand when he gets to the end of his walk. 

Re: How do you handle challenge?

I never faced a challenge like this before (knock on wood) and hope I won't ever have to. But I hope that I would be strong enough to fight for my health as well.

Warning: Misuse of Transamerica name in fraud schemes. Read more.

This material was prepared for general distribution.  It is being provided for informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an investment recommendation.  If you need advice regarding your particular investment needs, contact a financial professional.

Insurance products and services are offered or issued by Transamerica Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, Harrison, NY (licensed in New York); Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company, Little Rock, AR; Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; and Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH. Variable products and mutual funds are underwritten and distributed by Transamerica Capital, Inc., or Transamerica Investors Securities Corporation, each a broker/dealer and member of FINRA. Securities and investment advisory services offered by Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc., a broker/dealer, member of FINRA, SIPC and a Registered Investment Adviser. Investment advisory services focused on the unique needs of individual retirees, retirement plans and their participants offered by Transamerica Retirement Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser. References to Transamerica on this site apply to an individual company or collectively to these and other Transamerica companies. This site may not yet be approved by the Departments of Insurance in all states at the time of publication. Transamerica companies are part of the Aegon Group. Copyright 2011 - 2017 Transamerica Corporation, 4333 Edgewood Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52499 - All Rights Reserved. Transamerica does not sponsor, endorse or promote any products or services mentioned

• COMM0417