Best time of day to work out?

Helped

Re: Best time of day to work out?

@Jill_C, you hit the nail on the head for me as well. I much prefer to work out in the morning for the exact reasons you mentioned. But I agree, working out at the end of the day (especially if it's been a BAD one!) allows you to blow off some steam. And I also like my sleep, so unless I'm running in a race, that keeps me from working out in the morning often. So, for me, it's the end of the day during the week, and in the late morning on the weekends. 

Loving all these responses and hearing about people's lives and workout routines.  It's comforting to know we all have our challenges but recognize the benefits of exercise, both mentally and physically. I definitely like to mix it up and sometimes on my days off, I may even sneak in both a morning and an evening workout.  Nirvana! 

I prefer to work out in the mornings, but find that difficult since I start work so early.  Typically I end up working out right at the end of my work day, before I get caught up in my evening responsibilities and time with family.  I do find it hard to stay motivated though, there always seems to be something more pressing that needs to get done!

I work out in the evening. I'm not a morning person and we are out the door at 7:20am to get to school by 7:50am. I like the stress relief of working out in the evening and I have a spouse who will pick up the kids or the gym has childcare. There is guilt of them being in school, then after school daycare,  then gym childcare but the stress relief makes me a better Mom/Wife when I get home. On nights that I workout my spouse is in charge of dinner, they usually start eating at 6:30 and I join at 6:45. I also try to work out on Saturdays.

I am definitely a first thing in the morning person when it comes to the best time of day to get a workout in. A good run before the day starts is the perfect way for me to prepare mentally and envision how the day may work. Plus, going early let's me prioritize my health because I don't get distracted by other things.

So true!

I work out over my lunch.  I place it on my calendar like an appointment in order keep me accountable.  it is also an excellent way to break up the day.

Wow, what a great idea! We should all schedule it on our calendars. I'm stealing that idea. Thank you!

I prefer working out in the evenings.  I like the classes my gym offers, which helps me be more consistent and accountable.   In addition, taking a walk during lunch when I WFH is also an energizer for my mid-day slump.  Now that the weather is nice it's a must.     Even if you don't work out at a gym, walking is one of the best forms of exercise and stress reliever.  Get you some good music to listen to and move! 

Same here with music! It really helps me get in "the zone" and stick with my time goals!

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!