How do you work/life balance during the summer months?

How do you work/life balance during the summer months?

@MulletMoney23 posted a blog this week that discusses the work/life balance during summer months. I love the idea presented in the article to "move your meetings outside". On my way to work this morning I was trying to figure out how I could get outside more... sitting outside on some of the calls might be a great way to incorporate Vitamin D needs and productivity! Smiley Very Happy Another tip mentioned is literally "scheduling" your summer. I don't have a hard time finding interesting things I want to do around town during summer but I DO have a difficult time actually making it out to them. Are you the planner type? What works for you to make sure you're balancing you life and work during the summer? Colorado is just so darn nice in the summer months it's a must to get out and enjoy it! Any upcoming vacation for any of you? If so, I would love to hear where are you headed! 

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do you work/life balance during the summer months?

In my previous job we always wrapped up work on a sunny Friday at 2pm during summer. I loved it. It let us go home ahead of rush hour, pack the kids/ car and head into the mountains for camping and fun time. It never impacted work and everything got done even during shorter hours. 

In my current role, I am not sure that's possible, but I will aim to have some lunch breaks in the park or go for a walk in the sun for one on one meetings and creative brainstorming.

My wife is a teacher, so she has her summers off. I live vicariously through her when this happens, and she'll constantly send me photos of her and my daughter doing outdoors-y things which makes me smile, of course. She'll also try and come meet me for lunch at least once a week during the summer, and we'll make it a point to go somewhere we can sit outside. And BBQ, BBQ, BBQ. During the summer, we grill out a couple times a week, so it gives me something to look forward to when I get home. Vacation-wise, we are big beach and amusement park people, so trips to the Jersey Shore and Busch Gardens in Virginia are on the calendar for the summer. 

Can't wait to start a healthy and easy BBQ recipe challenge on this community! I hope @seichmann8 you are ready for this cook-off challenge!

I'm in, @nvecsei