The Big Question Around Water

Re: The Big Question Around Water

My goal is to pee clear by 9 a.m. Maybe TMI, but it keeps me slamming the water in the morning. 

Well, it IS the easiest way to tell @B_Forbes. Smiley Very Happy Thanks for sharing? ^_^ jk

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

I honestly like @B_Forbes's goal! I'm motivated by personal challenges with instant visible results. I think I'll start making this a goal for me too Smiley Happy

Hahaha! The LaCroix Boi video @ctsai posted is hysterical!

@Maggiepamplemousse!!

#teamPamplemousse4eva

How did you do with your hydration goal this week @Twinkletoes83? Did you implement any new methods to help you up your intake?

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

It went well. I drank a lot more water this week. Thank you. I have a bigger tumbler at my desk with a straw and lots of ice! You guys rock Heart

I like this goal too! And I feel much better that there are other's that use this as a gauge too. Can't tell you how many times my reaction is "Welp, guess I need to drink more water." 

I have my Yeti with me 24/7. At my desk, in my car, eating dinner, at my bedside, you name it. I drink a ton of water and I tell anyone who will listen the benefits of it. And this isn't a commercial for Yeti, but wow, are they the best. I could sit that thing in the searing desert sun for hours and my water would still be ice cold. 

Highlighted

Hi @Twinkletoes83! This is such an important discussion and so many people struggle to get enough water yet it is critical for overall health and wellness and has more benefits than could possibly be mentioned in a post.

On a daily basis, it is recommended to get half your body weight in ounces as was mentioned earlier. You need to add to that for any exercise you are getting as well as any caffeinated drinks as they are a diuretic and will dehydrate the body. I shoot to get an extra 12 ounces for every small cup of coffee that I have each day (I try to stick to one, but some days I have 2).

It is critical to also start your morning with a glass of water or lemon water on an empty stomach 15 minutes before consuming anything else. This helps to clear your body of all of the toxins that were processed overnight while your body was detoxifying. Your body continues the detox process 24/7 so continual water consumption is critical to the process. 

Drinking a large glass of water 15-30 minutes before a meal will help you manage your portions more easily and it will also hydrate the lining of the stomach for easier digestion. It can actually slow the digestive process if you consume a large amount of water while eating as it can dilute the stomach acid causing partially digested food (chyme) to sit in the stomach longer than necessary which can lead to indigestion and bloating.

The best way to up your intake to keep other options out of your house or workspace. At home, we have nothing available but water, coffee, several hot tea options (green and herbal) and non-dairy, unsweetened milk. Since there is nothing else to choose from, water wins out most of the day, even for our five children. This is great because once you get used to drinking it, like anything else, you will start to crave it once you realize it is the only beverage that actually quenches your thirst. When we go out to eat, it is a huge savings when all 7 of us order water with lemon instead of a soft drink which can cost $2 - 4 per drink depending on the restaurant (and our kids don't fill up on juice or soda before the meal comes).  A trick I like to keep track of how many ounces you drink is to buy a refillable bottle and then put rubber bands around it for how many you should drink each day. Take them off as you drink each bottle until they are gone.

A trick I like to keep track of how many ounces you drink is to buy a refillable bottle and then put rubber bands around it equal to the number you should drink each day. Take them off as you drink each bottle until they are gone.