Winter is coming

Winter is coming

Please share your thoughts how you deal with the winter blues....

Winter is coming and I feel the drain on my motivation waking up in the morning when it's very dark and cold. I am so far demotivated that I am thinking of cancelling my personal trainer. It would save me about $300 a month, which is significant for me, but it is also an easy excuse.

What do you guys do to not let the winter blues take over? I want to stay active but I also want to sleep Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Winter is coming

Unfortunately, I know this struggle all too well as a sufferer of seasonal affective disorder. Even though your situation may not be as serious as SAD I've found light therapy works really well to get over the lack of motivation in the winter months. There's a lot of options out there, but the most popular by far are "Happy Lights". 

happy light.jpg

oh interesting. How does one use these lights @Reeta?

I've used a happy light for years! I think I got it from bed bath and beyond when I first moved to Colorado. Having previously lived in Texas where seasons are practically nonexistent I hadn't experienced what it's like when days are so short. @nvecsei The light spectrum emitted from these types of lamps simulates natural sunlight. This is supposed to help alleviate moods people experience with the loss of sunlight in winter. They're fairly inexpensive and easy to use. I keep mine on my computer desk and switch it on as the sun begins to set.  

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!