You have goals. We'll help you get there. Jump right in. We're ready for you!

Instant pot - craze or transforming dinner?

Highlighted

Instant pot - craze or transforming dinner?

Curious if you all have heard of instant pot or have one? Instant pot is similar to a slow cooker but some models also can pressure cook. This thing is literally spreading down my street, lol. A neighbor brought ribs to a cookout made in one and now most of the block has one and everyone raves about how amazing it is. I saw an article in the paper this morning talking about them so I decided I needed to understand if this is hype around a new fad, or if they truly could help make weeknight dinners more interesting!

I remembered a conversation here about spicing up dinner so I thought some of you might have one. Would you recommend them? What do you like about it? and, of course, do you have some recipes you can share. Smiley LOL They're semi-affordable on Amazon so I admit I am kind of tempted to try it out but I already have a slow cooker and don't want to spend $$ if it's basically the same thing.

6 REPLIES

Re: Instant pot - craze or transforming dinner?

Hi @PatBee. I've been curious about these, too! Did you happen to read the article in the NYT 'To Transform Your Weeknight Cooking, Turn On the Instant Pot'? Your title is making me think we read the same article. Smiley Happy 

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

I have never heard of the instant pot, but I do LOVE my slowcooker (crockpot). It is a live saver in the winter times, when making stews is nearly an everyday task in our household.

I have one and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Food is so much tastier and it doesn't take hours to tenderize/cook. Between my family, we have 4 instant pots! A great purchase and there's usually a sale during Thanksgiving and throughout the year.

Do you have a receipe that you can share @Sarah? It doesn't have to be a complex one. I just want to get an idea of how people are using them. I've been keeping an eye our for sales and price changes but I haven't seen any yet. Smiley Sad I think I want one, but maybe it will be a good idea to wait until around Thanksgiving like you mentioned.

@PatBee

Here's one recipe:

https://onceamonthmeals.com/recipes/instant-pot-honey-pork-chops/

You will not regret getting one. 

I was hoping to see an instant pot on sale for Black Friday / Cyber Monday so I could score a deal and finally bring one home. I did see a few sales that brought the price down (I think the best one I saw was Amazon for $74.99 for a 6 qt model) but I still couldn't justify it. I would love to see one around $60 to jump. It's a shame really because I want one so bad! Maybe Santa might bring me one?

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!
Recommended Discussions

Warning: Misuse of Transamerica name in fraud schemes. Read more.

This material was prepared for general distribution.  It is being provided for informational purposes only and should not be viewed as an investment recommendation.  If you need advice regarding your particular investment needs, contact a financial professional.

Insurance products and services are offered or issued by Transamerica Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, Harrison, NY (licensed in New York); Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company, Little Rock, AR; Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA; and Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, OH. Variable products and mutual funds are underwritten and distributed by Transamerica Capital, Inc., or Transamerica Investors Securities Corporation, each a broker/dealer and member of FINRA. Securities and investment advisory services offered by Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc., a broker/dealer, member of FINRA, SIPC and a Registered Investment Adviser. Investment advisory services focused on the unique needs of individual retirees, retirement plans and their participants offered by Transamerica Retirement Advisors, LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser. References to Transamerica on this site apply to an individual company or collectively to these and other Transamerica companies. This site may not yet be approved by the Departments of Insurance in all states at the time of publication. Transamerica companies are part of the Aegon Group. Copyright 2011 - 2017 Transamerica Corporation, 4333 Edgewood Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52499 - All Rights Reserved. Transamerica does not sponsor, endorse or promote any products or services mentioned

• COMN0417