HealthHack Challenge #1: Skip the Café

Re: HealthHack Challenge #1: Skip the Café

I have been good with not buying coffee out BUT I did buy a 12 pack of diet mountain dew last week. That's a net saving (minus the dew) of $27.00. (7 * 4.50 - 4.00 = 27.00)

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

I had a really bad night last night so I had to get a coffee this morning, but I am holding strong otherwsie. There goes $5 today. Smiley Frustrated

Week two completed and I had two coffees from the coffee shop, because I was on holiday. So my grand total for the two weeks (14x$5)- (3x$5) = $55 saved. 

I think I can do better, so I will keep at it, overall cutting out coffee from my daily routine sounds like a doable thing...so I will keep going in the month of August. Anyone interested in continuing the challenge?

I didn't get off to the best start on day 1, but I only ended up getting coffee four times at a cafe over two weeks which for me is a huge cutback. I really enjoyed this exercise not only did it put money back in my pocket (estimated savings $65) it reduced my calorie intake as well because I wasn't consuming as many sugars and syrups. Thanks for the jump start and if you do continue tracking it here I will keep participating. 

I only got coffee at the store twice! I *really* needed it those two days, though. Smiley Happy I also counted in my Mountain Dew 12 pack as a coffee purchase simply because I got it solely for the caffeine and wouldn't have normally bought it otherwise. Smiley Very Happy 

Final coffee challenge tally - 

12 * 4.50 - 4.00 (mt dew) = 50.00

Would totally keep doing this, there were a couple times that I was tempted to run down to the coffee shop and pick up a cup and resisted just because of the challenge and made a cup of (free) black tea instead. 

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
BE WELL. BUILD WEALTH.™
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!
Recommended Discussions