What does Retirement mean to you?

Highlighted

What does Retirement mean to you?

While these guys are very cute and we love working with school aged children to talk about budgeting and retirement planning, thinking about what retirement means to you is a serious topic. 

[video]

So what does retirement mean to you?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What does Retirement mean to you?

Oh my gosh! Too cute!! Though I admit prior to last year that's about how much I had through about retirement, too. I've definitely become more focused and aware though of my future and what I need to begin thinking / doing to protect it!

------------------
Janice James - W+H Community Manager
Get started in the community.

My goal is to connect people who share a passion for staying well and building wealth to ensure healthy, comfortable futures. Let me know how I can help!

Retirement for me means actually being more active. Spending time having adventures with the grandkids. And, traveling with my sisters and friends. Of course it will mean actually sticking to a budget, cannot just work Overtime if I overspend.

I am really looking forward to it.

Where do you want to travel @Airf0rce? And also, I have to say I am surprised to see a lot of very active, but retired peopel finding alternative income sources for example Uber driving... I love it. Makes me feel safe driving with them and I am glad they can get some financial support at their convenience.

I'm right there with you!  I hope to travel much more when i retire as well as do more things that I enjoy like working out, going for bike rides and long walks.  I doubt that I will be able to fully retire though.  I will probably work part-time somewhere with great discounts and a fun work environment!

Cute video. I'm looking forward to an active retirement, a lifestyle that focuses on volunteering, travel, learning and family.

I have been seriously focused on retirement for at least 20 years. Not by counting the days of my gainfully employed life will end, but by building my 401K, savings, etc.  Now that I'm getting closer to retirement I'm glad I started early. The most important thing I've done in the past 10 years is using a Financial Planner. A professional to help me wade through and see more clearly all of my diversified portfolio (it is good to have outside counsel).

In the past 4 years I have also been focused on what are my essential and non-essential living expenses [downsizing expenditures (cable, phone, etc. )], not buying just to buy, being more focused on gift giving that has longevity. It is not my nature to shop, so I sought out another co-worker that is very frugal...to get their advice on the best way to spend less (it is good to have outside counsel).