Controlling Your Stress May Give A Boost To Your Wealth And Health

LaShonda Wealth Professional

IMG_0983.jpgPhoto courtesy LaShonda Johnson

Stress by definition is pressure or tension that results from a demanding situation. Stress can be physical, emotional psychological, financial or a combination of these. 

Stress can cause, tension headaches, migraines, insomnia, hives, high blood pressure, heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity. All of which can minimize your attendance and functionality in a work environment resulting in adverse effects to your earned income. 

If we can control stress, we can minimize health challenges and perform physically and mentally at optimum levels. When our health is at its best our potential to produce wealth is at its best.  

Another major contributor to stress is financial problems such as debt and poor money management. Having too much month and not enough money can be very stressful for individuals and families as a whole. 

Here are some examples of good ways to deal with stress from healthdirect.gov.au

• Take a few deep breaths.
  • Talk to someone you trust.
  • Create a stress diary, note down when you feel stressed and why.
  • Have a health check with your doctor.
  • Exercise.
  • Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
  • Try to avoid smoking, alcohol, and caffeine.
  • Make time for things you enjoy.

Adopting healthier eating habits, getting 7 hours of sleep, exercising and being obedient to my budget were all very successful stress relievers in my personal wealth and health journey. Saving more, spending less, lavender baths, quiet time and meditation were also things I found to be enjoyable and melt away layers of stress. 

Remember to always consult your personal Physician and Wealth Professional for specific guidance and support to address stress as it relates to you. 

LaShonda Johnson, CFEd®️

Catch up with LaShonda on Instagram and Facebook.

LaShonda Johnson is licensed in three states and has been a Certified Financial Educator since 2012. Posts and blogs created byLaShonda on the Wealth + Health community are for informational purposes only and are not meant to take the place of your relationship with a wealth professional. For personal wealth considerations, please consult a wealth professional directly.