Health Tips From Golf Pro Azahara Muñoz

Kastle Blogger

26432_CMBPP0518_AzaharaMunoz_comm_643px.jpg

For a professional golfer, the connection between Wealth + Health can mean the difference between success and failure.

“As an athlete, if I’m not healthy, I won’t be able to earn a living,” says Azahara “Aza” Muñoz, one of the newest members of Team Transamerica and part of the U.S.-based LPGA Tour and Ladies European Tour. This award-winning golfer and native of Spain keeps her health in check with a tight schedule that includes six to seven hours of golf practice each day followed by training at the gym.

Her dedication seems to have paid off. Muñoz secured an LPGA Tour Victory at the Sybase Match Play Championship, three Solheim Cups, and continues to amaze us!

Balancing Work and Rest

Even with her busy training and touring schedule, Muñoz also knows it’s important to get a good amount of sleep. According to Taylor Jones, a registered dietician with healthline.com, adults need seven to nine hours of quality sleep each night. Sleep deprivation can harm cognitive performance, productivity, and make you less capable of making good decisions.  This is definitely true for Muñoz, “If I don’t sleep a solid eight hours, I do feel it. I cannot perform.”

The same is true for taking time to unwind. With Muñoz’s busy travel schedule of going to tournaments and competing, stress levels can soar. That’s why she makes sure she decompresses when she comes home. “I make time to relax. I want to be sure all that tension goes away before the next round,” she says. And it’s a smart and strategic move. The health benefits of relaxing include lowering blood pressure, improving digestion, and reducing muscle tension and chronic pain.

The Ultimate Payoff

For Muñoz, there is a direct link between taking care of herself and her performance that will also pay off down the road when she hangs up her golf clubs. And she stresses that applies not just to her, but to everyone. “[Even for non-athletes] the healthier you are, the better you’ll be able to perform at work,” she says.  “You’ll also be able to have the lifestyle you want when you get older.”

26432_CMBPP0618

Transamerica does not provide you with personalized medical advice, diagnosis or treatment (collectively “Advice”) and you should not rely on any it for such.  You should consult your own doctor for personalized Advice.  Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment.

NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.